Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Nate and I had a BUSY conference weekend. We loved seeing friends and family all weekend. So starting on Friday, Nate and I went up to his mission reunion up in Salt Lake. We were tired after work, so we just hung around our apartment and then before we knew it is was almost 7 (the time it started). So we hopped in the car and got stuck in the WORST traffic ever! We have no idea what was going on. There were cars going in every direction and traffic accidents all over the place. It took us an hour to get from Provo to Lehi. Way too long! So then we made it up to the U of U institute for the reunion. Nate saw tons of his old mission buddies! I had met a few of them before (double dates and boating and stuff) but it was fun to meet a few more that recently got off their missions. The mission president's wife came right up to us and hugged us both and told me all about how she had seen LOTS of pictures of me while Nate was there in Paraguay. They used to tell him I would never wait and try to make him worry - but they were wrong! They both were really sweet. Everyone there kept telling me how much everyone on the mission loved Nate...how he was fun and nice to everyone. I don't doubt he was! And they all said how much they love him and I can definitely relate to that!

Here's a picture of Nate with his MTC group. It's funny cause I've heard some interesting stories about all of these guys.



Here is another random picture of a few of Nate's mission buddies..


On Saturday morning, Nate and I woke up and went over to my parents to watch conference with my whole family with the new big tv and new comfy couches. We all LOVED conference...like always. There is nothing better than relaxing and listening to the words of the apostles and prophets. After the first session, my family went to Applebee's to celebrate Steve's 18th b-day that day. I can't believe my little brother is 18! I still feel 18 (but that was 2 years ago!) He had a great b-day because my mom is sending my dad and Steve on a plane to Florida this Thursday. He got to choose two theme parks of his choice. They are gonna go visit some of our old friends...and the beach. I'm so excited for them! Applebees was delicious! I got the Fajita Rollup and it was so yummy! If you haven't tried that there, you should some time :) After that, we watched the second session. And then Melanie and Danae and I went to Roberts to buy a bunch of supplies to make cards while the guys were at the Priesthood session. So Danae's mom and two sisters, Melanie, Danae, my mom, Becca, and I all made cards and ate good food. Everyone made really cute cards! Then after that we went over to Nate's parents house for waffles. We visited with some of his brothers and sisters for a while and then went back down to Provo.

On Sunday, Nate and I watched the first session of conference at our apartment. Then we met up with my mom's side of the family for our omlets in the canyon tradition. We went up Provo canyon and got to eat warm omlets. It was fun to visit with some of my aunts and cousins we haven't seen since we've been back from Colorado. But unfortunately, the canyon was REALLY cold! We all had pink noses and were wrapped up in a blanket. It's never been that cold during Conference that I can remember. We still had fun though. Nate and Steve played catch. My mom and I chased around my little cousin with tons of energy. Here are some pictures of us up in Provo canyon...

No comments: