Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What happens in Vegas


We couldn't have picked a better week to go to Vegas. The weather was absolutely perfect! It was 80-85 degrees each day. The week before we got there it was 20 degrees colder and this week it is colder again there. Nate and I haven't been to Vegas in years so we loved seeing all the cool stuff there. Aiden was such a good boy the entire time. Luckily he slept almost the entire time on the ride down and on the way back so the car ride was wonderful. He loved walking up and down the strip and seeing all the people and the lights and hearing so much noise. He just rode around in his stroller with a huge smile on his face. So many people commented about how cute he was and how funny his mohawk was...and when they tried to get Aiden to smile, of course he would give a huge cheesy grin! We would occasionally see another stroller on the strip, but very few babies were there so Aiden got lots of attention (which he loved).

Here's some of the fun stuff we did:
- Saw the Bellagio fountains. Neither of us had ever seen them and wow, were they amazing! The song they played to the fountains was Josh Groban so of course I loved them. :)

- Went to the botanical gardens at the Bellagio.
- Saw the Mirage Volcano.

- Went to the Silverton Aquarium.

- Took a break and went to a park so Aiden could enjoy the baby swing. You can tell by his face how much he likes being in the swing :)

- Went to the Ethel M Chocolate Factory. They gave out free samples so of course we had to go! The sign was made for Nate...who always "claims" he doesn't like chocolate. Then we went shopping at the M&M World.


- Went to a lots of different malls in Vegas. We went to the Premium Outlets right off the freeway, the Bellagio stores (even though we couldn't afford anything in those ritzy stores), the Forum Shops, the Fashion Show Mall, and the Miracle Mile shops. And there were lots more malls we didn't visit! And I got to shop in H&M! I wish Utah would hurry up and open an H&M store.
- Visited Ed, Julie, and kids. They made us a delicious dinner and we had fun visiting with them. And Aiden got to go on their trampoline which he loved! Sadly though, I didn't take any pictures that day.

- Went to the Lion habitat at MGM Grand. Aiden seemed more interested in watching the people in the casino than looking at the lions...maybe next time he'll think they are cool.

- We went swimming. The weather was BEAUTIFUL!

- Nate and I started watching the first season of LOST...and now we are hooked! We would give Aiden one good nap during the day back at the hotel, so while he did that, we watched LOST. It's SO....good!

- We went and saw all the exotic animals at the flamingo.
- We went to the Atomic Testing Museum. Aiden was exhausted as you can tell.

- And of course, now that we are old enough, we put a couple bucks in a slot machine and lost it all. Go figure.

7 comments:

Maddy said...

H&M is one store I really missed in Utah! That and Panera. It's a great little deli chain, but it doesn't taste like a chain restaurant!

Kristy said...

fun! that weather looks great!

The Tadjes said...

That looks so much fun! I am so jealous to see you guys out swimming and in summer clothes. (as I'm sitting here watching it snow) Next time we are coming with you! :)

Elise said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! It makes me want to go there. I got hooked on LOST last year and am now totally caught up to this season. This season's kinda weird to me, though. Anyway, you look amazing and your family is adorable!

Danae Curtis said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a good time! It's so nice to get away sometimes, isn't it? Can't wait to see what you bought!

Anthony Mann said...

The coolest thing about the trip..... You're finally hooked on LOST!! Best TV show on! Just watched last night's episode and once again, I'm blown away! It gets more and more crazy, and more and more intense! Looks like you had a fun trip! Why wasn't I invited?? ;)

Dixons said...

I can't wait for it to get warm enough to go swimming! Yay for summer! And I agree they should have an H&M here in Utah. I would love it! Anyways, it looks like you guys had a blast!