This past weekend Nate and I got to go out on two dates. Two dates in one weekend never happens. I love being a mommy and hanging out with my boys all day - building towers, going to the park, setting up train tracks, coloring, making play dough, baking cookies, and all the other mommy things, but every once in a while it is nice to stop all that and go out. So on one of our dates we got to see Harry Potter. Up until 2 weeks ago, we weren't into Harry Potter at all. Nate had no idea what Hogwarts even was. But Nate's office rented out a theater for the 7th movie and we had tickets to go, so we decided to watch all the movies so we'd understand what was going on. Luckily, Becca is Harry Potter's number one fan, so we borrowed all the movies from her. And Nate and I quickly got hooked. I never thought I would say that because I do not like fantasy much and I thought Harry Potter was more for little kids but boy was I wrong. I love it. And Nate does too (even though he probably won't admit to it). I even started reading the books now so I can understand all the little details of the story. Becca came to the movie with us and it made it so much more fun because she's in love - and i mean in LOVE - with Ron. So we got to listen to her giggle every time he was on screen :) And she helped clarify anything we didn't get because she knows Harry Potter inside and out.
We are so anxious to see how everything wraps up in Part II! But we have to wait to see the movie for 8 long months.

No comments:
Post a Comment