Tuesday, October 18, 2011

aspen grove

Nate and I got to go on another little getaway over the weekend.  And thanks to my parents, we didn't have to worry about our kids at all. Our friends Tyler and Amy invited us up to Aspen Grove for a marriage retreat getaway. Nate and I didn't know what to expect having never been before, but we loved it. Doug Brinley was the guest speaker so we got to listen to him talk about marriage, life, the gospel, etc.  And every time we weren't doing that, we were eating and playing.  All of the food was catered and way too delicious.  And we spent the majority of the time outside, enjoying the gorgeous fall weather.  The four of us played some mini golf, badminton, shuffle board, "PIG" (basketball game), hours of Phase 10, and everyone but me did a ropes course (someone had to be the photographer, right?).  And at this time of year, the scenery up there was breath-taking.  The fall leaves couldn't have been more beautiful.  It was the perfect weekend.
 (Nate)
 (Tyler and Amy)
 (Nate)
The boys had a fun weekend with grandma and grandpa too - going to a birthday party, a carnival, and a fire station open house.   We were excited to see them again but I don't even think they missed us :)  

1 comment:

Glenn Family said...

I am glad you had fun! I really like Prof. Brinley too. You even got to play shuffleboard? Ryan would be jealous! :)