It feels like I've been pregnant forever but the end is finally near! I scheduled my induction date for June 7th (in only 2 1/2 weeks) but because Brennan came 3 1/2 weeks early, I feel she could come anytime really! So we've been busy getting everything ready for her arrival and getting excited to meet our little girl so soon!
A few weeks ago my friends Angie and Karen threw me an awesome baby shower. It was so fun to celebrate our little girl's arrival. Instead of the usual cheesy baby shower themes and games, they threw me the funnest Cinco de Mayo baby shower - complete with a pinata, peso game, and pin the tail on the donkey. And we ate some awesome Mexican food - including some delicious horchata and fried ice cream. Our little girl was sure spoiled with some cute outfits and things! Thanks Angie and Karen for the shower and for everyone that came!
People have been so generous to us. After two boys, we obviously didn't have anything girly but we've received so many cute outfits and bows and things. It is fun to see pink in our house!
Nate's mom and my mom both quilt and each of them are making our girl a new quilt. Nate's mom is still in the process of her quilt but my mom has finished hers and it is SUCH a beautiful baby quilt! I seriously love everything about it. We had so much fun picking out the fabrics and the finished quilt is cuter than I could have imagined! Here are the fabrics:
And here's the finished product:
My mom was also nice enough to make a coordinating valence, pillow, and some bumper pads too. Everything turned out so pretty! It's not 100% complete but it's almost there and I love how simple and beautiful her room is turning out.
I also made a car seat canopy for her and I'm happy with how it looks...even though it took a lot longer to make than I thought it would.
Also, our diaper bag is already packed and sitting in her room just in case she comes early. We were so unprepared when Brennan was born because it was early and I don't want to make that mistake again! So just in case...we are ready.
Luckily, I have still been feeling pretty good lately. The beginning was so hard with the nausea and back pain that the end hasn't seemed too bad at all. I am uncomfortable and don't think my stomach can stretch much more, but I can't complain. I've been exhausted at times lately too, but then I have these spurts when the nesting instinct sets in and I organize our pantry and scrub our tile floor over and over until it sparkles just like I want it to. I guess I am one of those crazy pregnant ladies after all.
And here's a pregnancy picture too. I'm not great at taking pics of my expanding belly, but the other day when we went up to Rich & Kamilla's new house, Kathy snapped a picture of me and Kamilla and our big bellies. We're due only 6 days apart and I'm sure our kids will grow up being good friends! I'm about 34 weeks here and Kamilla is about 35 weeks:


No comments:
Post a Comment