A few months after moving to South Weber, my good friend Katie Jensen invited me to join her book club. It was a great way to make sure I read at least one book each month and also get to know some of the other women I lived by. When those sweet friends found out I was moving, they all chipped in and bought me the softest and warmest Minky blanket. It was so thoughtful to them! They knew I didn't own an actual "Minky" so they made sure I had one to remember them by. Graham quickly took it over so I have to remind him often that it is mine :)
Graham's preschool (run by my amazing friend Courtney) had a bike parade and he was so excited to participate in it. Of course he brought his beloved trike to ride. 3 and 4-year-olds are the cutest!
I bought Brennan some new joggers and Graham was excited when he realized they match!
And Callie was excited for a couple new pairs of shoes. She must be my daughter :)
We loved meeting dad as much as possible for lunch dates.
My grandma Blackham turned 85! So we celebrated with a big birthday party. My mom and her siblings went to a lot of work collecting pictures of my grandma's life and organizing the party. I love my grandma and feel so close to her. I see a lot of similarities between the two of us so it makes me feel even more connected to her. Danae and Ava came into town for it and it was fun to see them! And since Steve and Rayane now lived here it was fun to have more Curtis family at her big party.
Luanne's friend made this amazing cake! My grandma loves Diet Coke so it was the perfect cake for her.
The kids had fun playing with cousins while the adults visited.
Nate had his first day at Qualtrics!
We went with our good friends the Jensens to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden one day. We bought a pass there for the year before realizing we would be moving. So we made sure to go one last time.
Callie and Kali loved the baby nursery.
And being waitresses.
Brennan and Eli could pass at brothers...or maybe even twins.
Our family lines up great with the Jensens...except they have Emmie who is older and we have Graham as our caboose. Luckily Emmie loves to babysit and Graham loves older kids so they played together the whole time.
The Browns invited Aiden to the BYU football game but the forecast was COLD and snowy. So Aiden bundled up for the game in snow gear.
They lasted a little more than half the game and then they were pretty frozen. But Aiden had a blast with Max and his family and felt lucky he got to go.
A lot of our time during October was spent packing. Nate and I love to be organized and once things were packed we put them in the garage to keep things organized. Packing up our house brought all the feels!
Our last night in our house, once everything was packed and empty, the kids got to have a big sleepover in Callie's room. They had a little too much fun and not enough sleep :)
And then came moving day. We had so many neighbors and friends come help us and we felt so loved!
We moved into my parent's house for a 2-week period before we could move into our new house. Once down in Utah County, one stop we made sure to make our first week there was JCW's. Nobody makes a shake like JCW's.
Steve and Rayane had their baby! They named him Tyler and he is adorable!
We moved on a Monday night and I continued to drive the kids up to school for the rest of the week. Friday was their last day. They wrote nice letters to their teachers and their classes and friends did nice things back to them...like notes and pictures and a warm goodbye. And Courtney brought pizza to Aiden and Max and their buddies on his last day of school. People are so kind! It made me realize how I need to be kind and thoughtful to others always! Small things can mean so much.
Lehi rec center does a big Halloween celebration with a spook alley and carnival games and trick or treating to some of the local businesses. We went with the Brewers and had a fun time!
Callie was the cutest Mary Poppins...
Graham was the cutest tiger...again. He insisted on being a tiger just like last year. Being between moves, I was all about simple and easy!
And Brennan really wanted to be a BYU football player for the 3rd year in a row! The costume is getting a little small but he didn't care. Aiden was a BYU fan as well but he was having a special outing with Max so he didn't go to the Halloween carnival.
It's always a good time hanging out with the Brewers.
While we were at the carnival, Aiden and Max went to a fun trampoline park and Max also gave him a long coveted Lego set that Max earned with his own money! Such a sweet friend!
Moving to a new house meant needing some new furniture and decorations. We had a fun day at IKEA.
While we were between homes, we went to church at our old beloved AF 8th ward. It so happened to be the Sunday Aaron was released as a bishopric member. Bishop Cartwright had Aaron and Samantha bear their testimonies and then ended up calling Nate up to bear his too because he never got to do it before being released from the bishopric a year earlier! That came out of left field and we were both super surprised. But he got up and shared his testimony to our old ward and it felt good to be back "home." Everyone was so welcoming and loving and that ward has a special place in our hearts!
We went to Aaron & Samantha's house afterwards and had a good time visiting. Aaron & Sam decided to move down to Spanish Fork on a whim so it was fun to talk about houses and our big moves. Graham loved holding baby Tucker too.
And after snuggling Tucker, we went over to Steve & Rayane's and Nate and the kids got to meet their new cousin Tyler.
On Halloween day, I was gone early in the morning to get Aiden to play practice so my parents took care of the other kids. I guess I should document that Aiden made the school play before we knew we were moving so fast so 3 weeks after we moved, I was driving him back and forth to South Weber for play practice. It was a crazy few weeks! His practice was at 7:30am so Aiden and I (and usually the other kids) would wake up at 6 to get ready to drive up there. And then the other kids and I would hang out in the car or go out for breakfast while we waited for him. I felt a little crazy those weeks as I was making the long drive from Cedar Hills to South Weber over and over but I'm so glad we let Aiden continue in the play because it eased the transition of moving. Because moving was definitely hardest on him!
Halloween night we went and trick-or-treated at Qualtrics and then hung out at my parent's for our annual Halloween "spooky" dinner and trick-or-treating around their neighborhood.
It was fun to have Steve & Rayane & kids join us again this year.
Aiden's "costume" that looked awfully close to a normal outfit :)
And that wraps up October!



































































No comments:
Post a Comment