Thursday, June 28, 2018

May Happenings

Lots happened in May - I think May is busier than December now that we have kids in school!  But we had a blast all month long. Here are some pictures from the month:

Tulip Festival with Grandma
 Making Strawberry Jam with my cute little helper!
 Our neighbors bought a fire truck for their pediatric dentistry and the kids love playing in it!
Piano Recital.  Brennan sliced his finger a few weeks before so he modified some songs but both boys did great.  Thanks to their grandma for being a great teacher!
Aiden has loved being in Shelley Soundz this year and Mrs Davis is such an amazing director.  He loves to sing and I think music is going to be a huge part of his life!
My mom helped me make Callie a skirt.  I bought this fabric almost three years ago and forgot about it so when I found the fabric still sitting in my closet we luckily had enough to make Callie a size 5 skirt and it turned out pretty cute!
After making the skirt I decided to make Callie a dress and I love how it turned out!  Sewing can be fun.  It's not my favorite hobby but I'm glad I know how to sew a little!
I also planted a mini garden to try my hand at some gardening.  I was so excited about it I had to take pictures of my little plants. I planted bell peppers (yellow, red, and green), roma tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, cilantro, and some flowers. So far I haven't killed any of them but time will tell.
Mother's day with my sweet kids.  Being a mom is truly the best and I'm so lucky with these four!
Callie modeled her homemade skirt on Mother's day.
When I was taking pictures of Callie, Graham wanted in on the action too :)
Mother's day night we went up to Snowbird to meet up with my parents, my grandma, and my aunt Luanne and her family.  We had dinner in their condo there and walked around and had a great time.
We had a police officer come for scouts.  Our little Wolf den is only Brennan, his cousin McKay, and his best friends Briggs.  It is so much fun being with those boys!  They loved getting to learn about safety and being a police officer.  They especially loved looking in Bro Draney's police car.
The guns were pretty cool too.
The 4th grade tradition around here is to go on a mini trek to be like the Utah pioneers.  Aiden looked so cute in his little pioneer costume.  I got to help at one of the check points and thanks to my mom I had pioneer clothes too.
Callie graduated from preschool. She has loved Ms. Michelle's class and looked forward to going each day.  She learned so much and I am so proud of her!  Her graduation ceremony was cute and she did a great job reciting "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
Callie is growing up so fast!  She also learned to ride a 2-wheeler!  She is a natural and picked it up so fast!  She rides all the time now and zips all over the cul-de-sac and has also been to Art Dye riding the entire way.
We had another fun outing with my mom - this time to the zoo! Graham loves animals and it's such a fun age to take him to the zoo.
Brennan's 2nd grade class put on an adorable little opera that was written, directed, and performed completely by kids! He was a police officer and it was so cute to see him up on stage singing and performing because he is usually pretty quiet in public.
Callie and Graham were excited when the police costume came in the mail too.
Then they started playing dress up and Graham realized how much he loves necklaces. :)
Callie had her dance recital!  She performed in the Empty Pot and did an amazing job!  She loves to dress up, put on make-up, and dance.  
The production was beautiful and I love the dance studio she performs at!
I helped at field day and the boys had lots of fun.  Brennan snuck some of his own money and came home with over 30 cans of soda and lots of cotton candy!  I think it's safe to say that he likes sugar!
Brennan finished up his soccer season.  He is an amazing little player and it's so fun to see him play!  His coach did a fun little closing ceremony for the boys and finished it off with silly string.
For Memorial day, we headed to Little Sahara (aka the Sand Dunes).  We played in the sand and had fun sledding down the hills.  Becca came with us which made it even more fun.  It was a fun little excursion.  Next time we wanna go back with razors and four-wheelers though :)
Just like that May was over and the kids had their last day of school!  It's crazy to think that I'll now have a 5th grader, a 3rd grader, and a kindergartner!  Time flies!

No comments: