Thursday, September 26, 2019

July 2019

I know I write this a lot but our July was nuts!  After our amazing trip to Zions, Nate went to scout camp the following week.  He failed to take pictures of his awesome week up in the Uintas, but he had a wonderful time and he loves his calling as the Deacons Quorum advisor.  While he was gone, the kids and I decided to go stay with my parents and we had an awesome week!  Steve & Rayane were there too which made it extra fun.  Aiden, Brennan, and Lucas did a fun sports camp in Provo (the same one they did last year) and they loved it!  I forgot to take a picture of them during their camp sadly.  The kids also all took swimming lessons at the Swimming Hole and they progressed a ton!  Graham even took his first swimming lessons ever and he loved it.
 They loved getting to hang out with cousins all day and sleepover at grandma and grandpa's for a week.
 We love when we're down in Utah county and we can see our friends there! We went to the AF pool one day with Ali and her kids, Sam and her kids, Krystle and her kids, Jen Sorensen and her kids, and Quinn came too.  The kids had a blast playing with their AF friends!
 The following week I got to go to Girls Camp! I love my calling with the Laurels and I haven't been to camp since I was a girl so I loved getting to go back!  We camped at the Weber Campground by Causey Reservoir and spent time there tubing and kayaking and having an awesome time!  The theme was "I Am Enough" and it was a perfect theme to remind the girls how incredible they are!  I loved getting to know the girls better and the other leaders! I was lucky enough to sleep in Kym Fowers' RV and that was the best way to camp :) I put my phone away all week so this is the only picture I took of Girls camp:
 When I got home from Girls Camp, I was beat! Lots of late nights and fun caught up to me!
 We got to go to the Pioneer day concert the MOTAB put on and it was incredible! Sissel was the guest singer and Nate and I have been Sissel fans for years...ever since she sung with the MOTAB before.  
 July's weather turned HOT but we tried to find time early in the morning or late evening to go to the park or go on walks and enjoy summertime. Love my little buddy Aiden!
 When I was at Girls camp my mom was kind enough to watch the kids while Nate worked.  They had lots of fun and she sent me some pictures of their adventures. They went to the Capitol building, the park, and the duck pond. 
 Nate met up for lunch with his Utah siblings and it has become a monthly tradition now.
 We also used our zoo pass again and went back to the zoo with grandma.  We love our zoo pass and always have a good time!
 It was a hot day so the kids played in the splash pad at the zoo and then felt more refreshed to see more animals and ride the train.
 The big day finally came that Aiden's "no sugar" challenge ended!  He went 6 months (minus birthdays and holidays) with NO desserts and treats! He was so determined to save up the money we were going to pay him for this challenge so he could buy this huge Lego set.  I've never seen a happier 11-year-old!
 My mom took Becca and I on a fun girls trip to Cedar for the Shakespeare Festival.  We usually bring kids and trade off watching the kids and seeing shows but this year we just went one night and two days and left the kids home!  We like doing it this way since it's a lot more relaxed :) We saw Hamlet, Macbeth, and Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. They were all amazing shows but Joseph was incredible and Hamlet was SO well done! This trip came at a perfect time because there was A LOT of stress and drama with Nate's job (which I'll explain in a later post) so it was nice to be away from the drama :)
 The next week we had the Brewers up for an entire day and it was lots of fun!  We took them back to the Treehouse museum and the kids had a blast together and didn't want to leave. They got a private drumming session and it was so fun to watch them learn how to do it.
 Brennan and Ty built with the magnatiles for over an hour! They were quite proud of their creation.
 And the pretend hospital nursery was a hit for Meg, Callie, and Graham. 
And that wraps up July!

No comments: