Callie and her friend Lucy got to go to a BYU gymnastics meet and they had a blast!
My friend Kami and I hosted a Galentines brunch with some women in our neighborhood. It was a good excuse to get together on a Monday and socialize ;) It was a lot of fun and we hope to keep it up every February.
I came to tuck Graham in one night and he had his clothes all laid out for the next time. It kinda looks like there's a human in there ;)
Brennan and his friends got to go to the new Orem temple to do baptisms for the dead. I love that they do this! He has a great group of friends!
We did an early Valentine's breakfast on Sunday morning because mornings during the week are too crazy with all of us leaving at different times. Valentine's day breakfast is a favorite tradition. We had crepes and juice and fruit and bacon. And the kids love that I decorate the table with candy...so in the end there's candy for breakfast too haha.
That night was the Superbowl! The 49ers played the Chiefs so it was a big deal for our family! It's kinda funny because Taylor Swift is dating one of the main players on the Chiefs and since Taylor Swift has a huge following, there was suddenly a million new Chief fans. So that made us root for the 49ers even more! There was a lot of buzz around the game which was fun.
We went to Steve & Rayane's to watch the game. Sadly the niners barely lost in overtime. Aiden and Brennan were pretty devasted. But hopefully next year's the year!
Callie, Becca, and I went to a Galentines dinner with my grandma Blackham and my Blackham/Nelson cousins. We ordered takeout and hung out at Grandma's assisted living center. Her dementia has progressed so her mind doesn't work like it used to, but she's still so sweet and complimentary and we love spending time with her. I feel a strong connection to my grandma because I feel like we have a lot in common. I was able to bond a lot with her a few summers ago when the grandkids took turns sleeping at her house, helping to take care of her.
Nate scored 4 tickets from work to go to a BYU basketball game! BYU is doing amazing this year so the kids were so excited. They got to go eat dinner beforehand with the Cougar Club and then had amazing seats. Lucky kids!
Since Nate only had 4 tickets and there are 6 of us, Graham and I decided to do our own date. At his request, we went to Color Me Mine again and then grabbed dinner. He made another football of course.
On Valentine's day, I helped with class parties and then hosted a Valentine's day activity days activity. I made another charcuterie board and we decorated sugar cookies and wrote valentines to friends and family.
Brennan had a game that at 9pm that night so we were up late. It was definitely not the most romantic Valentines day, but still a great day!
Nate and I test drove a Tesla. He's been wanting one for years and now that Aiden is about 16 and needs to drive our Accord, we're thinking of getting one! Nate is super excited about it.
My mom had Savannah and Callie spend the night over President's day and she sewed with them all day. I love that the girls enjoy being creative. It's such a great skill. My mom is so patient to teach them to sew :)
Callie and I did some shopping too. We have a big trip coming up so we needed some summer clothes! Callie may love shopping even more than me.
Diane made me the most beautiful temple bag! She's making one for all of her daughters/daughters-in-law. It's stunning! I am so excited to put it to use!
Our friend Mike Kunzler invited our family to tour the BYU basketball facilities. I was unable to go but Nate took the kids and they loved getting to see the behind-the-scenes of BYU basketball.
Nate went on a golf trip to Saint George with three friends in the neighborhood. They golfed a ton! And ate at some yummy places. But mainly golfed from sun up to sun down. He was in heaven! Sadly they didn't take any pictures! But he loved it and can't wait to go on another golf trip.
The weekend after Nate's golf trip, I headed down to Saint George with a big group of women from our neighborhood. There were 18 of us in all! My friend Kari owns a house down there and she was kind enough to let us stay there. We had so much fun visiting, shopping, eating together, hot tubbing, playing games, doing a favorite things exchange, and spending time together! We also got to attend the Red Cliffs temple open house on the last day it was open. And we did hiked the Red Reef trail which was beautiful! It was a short hike but so so pretty! It's a new favorite!
Love these women!

















No comments:
Post a Comment