Wednesday, February 20, 2013

settling in

Nate and I both are a little OCD and like things complete and put together.  Our stuff was not moved into our house until late Thursday night and by Sunday night we were completely moved in, organized, and we even had all the decorations hung on the wall.  It feels SO good to be settled now and to get back to real life.  Moving is exhausting and I hope to not have to do it again for a while.

We are loving it here so far.  We love having more space.  We were really packed into our condo so it is nice to have a lot of closet space and especially to have an unfinished basement to set up the kid's toy room so we don't have to have toys all over the house.  The only down side to having more space is the fact that I will have a lot more cleaning to do!

The boys LOVE their new bunk bed.  The first night they slept on it Aiden could not wipe the smile off his face.  It was the cutest thing ever.  And they have been so good about keeping their room clean.  I hope that lasts!  Here is their new bunk bed the day it was delivered:
I'm excited to decorate their room now and, thanks to pinterest, I have lots of good ideas! Hopefully I get around to that soon and I will try to remember to post pictures of it.

Nate and I also got a new bedroom set for our room.  Since we were married, we've been using a bed with no headboard and a hand-me down dresser.  So it is nice to finally have some coordinating furniture.
Anyway, life is getting back to normal.  This house is beginning to feel like home little by little.   We're looking forward to all the great memories we'll make here!

2 comments:

Glenn Family said...

Sarah-how did you even find time and energy being pregnant and all??? I am impressed. Your bedroom set is gorgeous and Aiden and Brennan's bunkbed looks sooo fun! I am so happy for you guys. I was happy I could see you last night, even if it was for a short while.

Kelsi said...

Wow! Impressive! Where in American Fork are you guys? We are in American Fork too and it would be fun to get together sometime!