Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentine's Day

Holidays with kids are so much fun! Aiden and Brennan are at THE BEST ages for holidays so we take full advantage of that.  It felt like we celebrated Valentines for two weeks.  These boys had a blast making Valentines for their friends, decorating Valentine cookies, making their "Sip Sip Hooray" valentines for their classmates, having fun at their class parties, and of course eating our annual Valentines Day breakfast.
 When Nate was out of town, we had my parents over for Family Night to decorate sugar cookies.  These boys delivered them to a bunch of our neighbors and they were so excited to give them away...and to eat way too many of them themselves.
 I got to help with Aiden's class party.  I love getting to volunteer in his class! The first graders had a blast playing some relay games, making a cute handprint heart, eating way too many treats, and decorating Valentines for some firemen in our city.  At the end, two firemen showed up to talk about fire safety and to collect the thank you Valentines from all the kids.  It was such a great addition to a normal Valentines party.
 Aiden helped me make a cheesy candy poster for Mrs. Blair that all the kids could give to her at the end of the party.  The kids were so excited to sign their names on it and then give it to her.  First graders are a little hyper and wild at times but they are so much fun. 
 Friday night Becca spent the night with us and we loved having her here.  She was there for our annual breakfast.  This year I made lemon poppyseed panckes and strawberry syrup and they turned out pretty good. I make a fancy breakfast so rarely it has to be documented. I had intentions of making the table all pretty but that didn't quite happen. :) After breakfast the kids came along with me to activity days so we could "heart attack" all of the Primary presidency members and then afterwards Aiden and Brennan "heart attacked" some of our neighbors themselves.  Those boys love doing thoughtful things for others and I love that about them!
Nate and I made a deal to keep Valentine's Day simple between the two of us this year so we forgo-ed the gift exchanging and we just wanted to spend quality time together on a date.  So on Saturday night we went to the temple and then tried the Wild Zucchini for the first time (and loved it). It was a perfect Valentine's Day.

No comments: