April was a great month...starting off in St George and finishing up with a visit from Grandma Tadje. Here are some random pictures from the month:
We got back from our Saint George trip in the middle of the week during Spring break so we had a couple more days to enjoy time off school. One day we met my mom at Thanksgiving Point Gardens and enjoyed walking around those beautiful gardens.
Warmer weather also meant we started to spend a lot of our free time out in our yard. The previous owners neglected the yard so we have been working hard to get it to look nice! Before we planted more shrubs and flowers, this is what the yard looked like:
It was too early to start planting most things, but we did plant some strawberries and raspberries in our backyard. One of my kids' favorite activities to do at my parents house is to pick berries so they were so excited to plant some in our own yard. The next 2 pictures show how small they began (I'm typing this a couple months later and now we have strawberries growing and the raspberry bushes are thriving too!)
We love living two minutes from the park. These two are at such fun ages to hang out at the park.
Nate took the side off Graham's crib and turned it into a toddler bed. My baby is growing up! He does awesome sleeping in it at nigh...not so much at nap time. He quickly gave up his daily nap (which was an adjustment for both of us).
The Gillries came into town and I spent a couple hours visiting with them at my parent's house. It was fun to catch up! They lived down the street from us when we lived in Florida and were a big part of our lives.
Callie bought some washable makeup and she is obsessed! Callie girl loves anything that makes her a "mom".
I didn't buy my kids' class pictures this year but I managed to sneak a picture of Callie's kindergarten class. I got to volunteer in her class every Friday and I loved getting to spend time with her and get to know these other cute kindergartners.
Brennan went to Briggs' birthday party with all of his old buddies and they drove around in a limo! He thought it was the coolest thing. I love that he still gets to see his old buddies sometimes! He had such an awesome group of friends and I'm glad they're only an hour away.
Callie had many play dates with her friend Bree during the school year. One day she was over they came out of Callie's room dressed the same. They already look a like so they could pass as twins!
Easter was wonderful this year! We had stake conference and it was so uplifting! Our stake conference is at the Ogden Tabernacle so we were able to go take some pictures on the temple grounds afterwards. It was such a wonderful day with our little family. I am so blessed to be their mom! And I'm so grateful for a Savior that makes it possible to be with them forever.
We had Easter dinner at Grandma Blackham's house and had a fun Easter egg hunt. These kids sure loved finding candy eggs hidden around.

Just like Callie has a friend who looks like her, so does Brennan! Him and Eli could be twins! I'm so grateful my kids have quickly made friends here in South Weber!
Graham transitioned to no more naps this month...meaning he usually fell asleep on the couch or in the car around 5pm each night for a month.
These two are the best little buddies! Callie always make sure to watch out for her little bro and they play so well together! The Kindergarten schedule has been nice because she's home by 11:45 every day and they still have plenty of time to play each day. Graham and I are sure going to miss Callie next year when she's in 1st grade!
Aiden had his choir concert and did an awesome job! I love that he loves to sing.
At the end of the month Grandma Tadje came to stay with us! We loved having her here. Nate's parents moved back to Utah in May and we have loved more time with them! While she was here we went out for ice cream and for lunch and a big graduation party for Chris, Josh, and Rachael.
There were some things I failed to take pictures of this month that I want to remember:
-Brennan had an awesome soccer season! He played with AYSO and luckily the games were right here at our park.
-Callie also played soccer this spring! It was her first time playing a sport and she did awesome catching on and she even made a couple goals.
- We enjoyed a wonderful weekend watching General Conference. I love getting to learn from our leaders for an entire weekend and it was so uplifting. We kept with our same Conference traditions which we love - Pizza Pie Cafe and a girls night during Priesthood.
- The boys had their pinewood derby and Aiden placed 3rd.
And that wraps up April!




























No comments:
Post a Comment